- Road mapping communicates business, technology and product plans to
team members, management, customers, and suppliers.
- Roadmaps provide a guide to the team, allowing the team to recognize and
act on events that require a change in direction.
- Road mapping is just good planning.
- Roadmaps incorporate an explicit element of time.
- Roadmaps link business strategy and market data with product and
- Roadmaps reveal gaps in product and technology plans.
- Roadmaps prioritize investments based on drivers.
- Road mapping helps set more competitive and realistic targets.
- Sharing roadmaps allows strategic use of technology across product lines.
- Road mapping enables a common view for entire development team.